Open Positions @ SIT
Job ID# 2017-01
Strategic Information Technology has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic solutions engineer to join our organization.
The solutions engineer supports the pre-sales process for our sales team for customers who require business software solutions. Activities of this position include building relationships with potential and current customers, delivering presentations to articulate features and differentiators of all solutions software products, understand a prospect’s needs and architect solutions for them, write proposals and strategize with Sales and Product Development to drive sales, configure/customize demo solutions at customer locations. Candidates must have a strong presence and exceptional presentation, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have enterprise software pre-sales experience.
The solutions engineer will
- Conduct discovery calls and qualify prospects with sales and account managers
- Strategize with Sales and Product Development to drive sales of our software solutions
- Draft and deliver targeted presentations
- Clearly articulate features and differentiate our solutions & product offerings to audiences ranging from CO’s to engineers to validate the superiority of our software solutions
- Develop relationships with prospects, existing customers, and colleagues
- Communicate clearly to all audiences
- Articulate how the use of our business software offerings will improve customers' business workflows
- Explain how to install, design, and configure highly customizable software to meet customers' specifications
- Elicit problem details from customers and clearly document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, company, contact information, and nature of the business problem/challenge
- Interact with prospective and existing clients to collect information on their business vision, requirements, pain points, and current state (including a products and systems perspective)
- Provide both pre- and post-live support to the implementation team
- Remain current with our product suite and technical offerings in order to provide quality solutions
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Provide feedback to Product Management on product feature set, future improvements, and industry changes
- Have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or engineering
- Experience in a pre-sales, technical support, or IT consulting role working with enterprise software solutions
- Successful experience communicating with IT executives, other line of business owners, and technical staff
- Financial industry knowledge and the ability to remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, tablets, cell phones, servers, firewalls, and network switches
- Experience with client software implementation processes and the software development life cycle
- Exceptional documentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required and have a keen attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- You are able to present ideas in user-friendly language
- You help foster a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and directed | You are self-aware and recognize your own strengths and weaknesses and are committed to personal development
At SIT, we are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and diverse by fostering an accessible environment, where all employees, clients, and visitors feel valued, respected and supported. Should you require this job posting in an accessible format, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the specific requirements for this position to email@example.com. Please make sure you include the job title and ID number in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.